Ten-Week Walking Plan
We hear all the time that walking is great exercise, but it’s just walking, right? Actually, there are many benefits to starting a walking program. Here are just a few:
- It’s free, and you can walk just about anywhere.
- When you walk, your muscles use more glucose and this can help lower your blood sugars.
- Walking can help reduce your risk for osteoporosis. This type of weight bearing exercise helps to keep your bones strong.
- When you exercise, endorphins are released by your brain, which can help relieve pain and improve your mood.
- Walking can help relieve symptoms of depression and improve your sleep.
Feeling inspired and ready to make some positive changes in your life? Try this ten-week walking plan.
Ten-week Walking Plan
This walking plan was designed to guide you safely to a healthier you. Before you start this walking plan, you may need to talk with your doctor.
|Week||Walking Schedule||Weekly Total
(time x days a week)
|1||15 minutes, 2 days||30 minutes|
|2||15 minutes, 3 days||45 minutes|
|3||20 minutes, 3 days||60 minutes|
|4||25 minutes, 3 days||75 minutes|
|5 and 6||30 minutes, 3 days||90 minutes|
|7 and 8||30 minutes, 4 days||120 minutes|
|9 and 10||30 minutes, 5 days||150 minutes|