Healthcare Information Forms Coming Your Way
You may soon receive one or more IRS forms providing you with information about the health insurance coverage you had or were offered in 2017. These forms provide information to help you complete your Federal tax return:
- Form 1095-A: The Health Insurance Marketplace sends this form to individuals who enrolled through the Marketplace. The form includes information about the coverage, who was covered, and when.
- Form 1095-B: Health insurance companies send this form to their subscribers. If you’re a PacificSource subscriber (not a dependent) on your plan, you should get this form from us in the mail around the last week of January.
- Form 1095-C: If you have health insurance through your employer, and your employer has more than 50 full-time employees in the prior calendar year, you will also receive a Form 1095-C from your employer.
Watch your mail for your form(s). You should receive your forms by March 2, 2018. This includes the 1095-C form from your employer (if you’re insured through your employer) and the 1095-B form from your health insurance company.
Verify your information. No matter which 1095 forms you receive, please verify the information on the forms as soon as you get them. If any information is incorrect, you’ll need to correct the information right away. Here’s who to contact if you need to make corrections or if you have questions:
- Form 1095-A: Contact the Marketplace directly. You can call toll-free (800) 318-2596 or visit Healthcare.gov for more information.
- Form 1095-B: Contact your insurer. For PacificSource members, please contact our Membership Department at (866) 999-5583. This number will also be on your form. Call us right away so we can generate and send you a corrected form.
- Form 1095-C: Contact your employer’s Human Resources department.
File your taxes. You might not need to wait to receive all your 1095 forms to file your tax return. You also don’t need to send the forms to the IRS. Simply save them for your records. This year, the deadline for individuals to file their 2017 tax return is April 17, 2018.
For more information, including frequently asked questions, visit the IRS website, here >
If you have tax-related questions, please talk with a tax advisor or IRS representative.