8 Ways to Sneak In In Exercise
The hustle and bustle of the holiday season can challenge our best intentions. Don’t let your hectic schedule interfere with physical activity. Find ways to sneak in exercise even when you’re busy.
- Power shop – Spend 10-15 minutes briskly walking through the mall before you start your shopping.
- Take the stairs – At work, the mall, the airport—wherever they are present—opt for the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator.
- Stage a walk-out – A brisk walk before dinner will have everyone looking forward to a warm meal. Together, your friends and family will get their metabolism going, lower their blood sugar levels, and work up a hearty appetite.
- Family time is fun time – Teach good fitness habits to your kids while accumulating benefits for yourself.
- Make a new holiday tradition – Play a family-friendly game of kickball or tag football on the holiday or the day after. Give everyone something else to look forward too than just food.
- To give is to receive – Holidays are about giving, and one of the best ways to give is to volunteer your time. Many communities offer opportunities to rake leaves or shovel snow for the elderly or disabled. This volunteer work is sure to make you sweat.
- Crank up the tunes and dance – With everyone home for the holidays, it’s a great time to turn up that jazzy holiday music and kick up your heels. Dancing burns lots of calories and can help you beat those winter blues!
- Do something silly – Have a pillow fight, hold a silly walk contest, or play ping pong in the snow, like our employees (pictured above) who never miss their morning ping pong game.
These are all simple and easy ways to burn a few extra calories for when the holidays leave us in a daze. What other ways can you find to be more active throughout the day?